Monday, February 8, 2010

Another OLG student gets his license!

I just got the news ,via text message from my hubby, that my newest 16-year-old has passed his driving test! As I write this, he is having his picture taken which will be laminated and become his ID for the next four years! What an accomplishment.
After going through this two times before, I remembered to send him with his "Church School Enrollment Form", which is proof his is in school. Besides his birth certificate, this wonderful piece of paper (we all receive a copy of on registration day) becomes so important I can hardly watch my husband fold it and put it in his pocket. When the OLG administrator tells you at registration that your CSE is proof of homeschooling in the state of AL--she really means it!
My new driver's reward for passing the test is a trip to the cell phone store for that all-important communication device. Now, he can go places without me, but still stay in touch.
His younger siblings are wondering "what" he got for his birthday. They haven't seen anything wrapped in fancy paper or even a birthday cake.
I am tempted to show them the insurance bill for a new "male driver under the age of 25", but that may extract comparisons in birthday spending-and I wouldn't want that with six others who still have birthdays coming this year :)
I pray for my new driver and all other OLG members who will experience this exciting milestone this year.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Joe! I'm thinking of waiting til my kids get married to get their licenses, lol!

    ReplyDelete